We are looking for great communicator who is passionate about the visual arts, to join our vibrant committee.
South East Open Studios (SEOS) is a not for profit organisation that exists to encourage public interest in the visual arts across the whole of the South East. The aim is to enable all artists and makers in Kent, East Sussex and the Surrey borders, to engage with their communities and connect with art lovers, through one of the biggest and best open studios events in the UK.
Our vision is to enable artists and makers to forge connections and develop meaningful relationships that will establish them and their practice within their communities and the wider arts arena, strengthening the visual arts across the South East. The ACO Officer role is critical in establishing SEOS as one of the biggest and best Open Studios events in the UK.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Providing a good information flow between the committee and ACOs
- Facilitating regular (monthly) online ACO meetings between October and July
- Connecting the committee with the regions, advising on key decisions, with the artists and makers (and local issues) in mind
- Managing regular communications that need to go out to artists and makers through ACOs – providing outline emails at critical points of the SEOS year (see Work Pattern on the ACO Role Description)
- Manage Guide Distribution acting as the co-ordinator between the logistics company and ACOs ensuring smooth dissemination of Guides and other materials
- Work with the Web Officer to build an ACO area on the SEOS website – a portal for all materials – and in the design of branded materials
- Work with the Marketing & Social Media team to create relevant campaigns for both online and print, and feed stories into newsletters
- Work with the committee on all aspects of South East Open Studios
The successful candidate must ideally have experience of managing and motivating teams. They must be highly self-motivated and good at communicating, passionate about the arts and knowledgeable about the South East.
This is a voluntary role with an honorarium of £800.
To apply for this role, please submit a brief covering letter and cv to the Chair of SEOS at firstname.lastname@example.org